Wednesday 25 December 2019

[Review] Festive Fried Chicken at YO! Sushi

YO! Sushi is an English chain of sushi restaurants by Simon Woodroffee.
The first branch appeared in Soho, London in 1997, since then they have restaurants all over the world including UAE and Saudi Arabi.


As well as sushi, they have a good selection of vegetarian dishes.
It was the festive fried chicken that brought me to YO! Sushi again.
According to their instagram post, fried chicken is Japanese Christmas tradition.



JFC Festive Feast box (£8.50) is available now featuring crispy Japanese Fried Chicken, special dipping sauce, YO! Fries, Miso-Butter Sweetcorn & Coleslaw.
As well as chicken, they have the Vegan JFC Festive Feast box (£8.50) which includes Vegan Chick*n Nuggets, special dipping sauce, YO! Fries, Sweetcorn with Miso Butter, & vegan Coleslaw.

Since I was there to try it, why not order both.
The staff were really helpful and did half and half for me so that I could try both the chicken and vegan chicken nuggets.

In terms of chicken, I thought it was a bit dry so the vegan chicken nuggets fared better even though they were a bit bland.

Chicken:

Vegan Chicken nuggets:


The fries were addictive as they were deliciously sprinkled with seaweed flakes.

Last but not least was the coleslaw, I absolutely loved it because it was creamy and not too overwhelming.

Overall I would definitely recommend the fried chicken and I will be back for their vegetarian dishes as it has been quite some time since I last had YO! Sushi.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...