Thursday 21 December 2023

Polish Christmas Wafer

When I was a kid, I went to go to Catholic school so during mass people would eat the holy communion which was some white disc shaped wafer.
I have always been curious how it tastes.
Came across these Christmas wafer cards at the corner shop which are similar.
After googling it, I discovered they are from Eastern Europe which are shared with family members before dinner when saying prayers.
The first person breaks a bit off and passes it on.
Each wafer sheet is embossed with a picture.
As for the taste and texture, they are just crispy and plain with no particular flavour.
In Slovakia, they put honey on it so I tried maple syrup and nutella with it which were both nice in different ways.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...