Thursday 7 December 2023

GRZEŚKOWIAK ready made dishes: potato pancakes/ Polish pasta and Polish croquettes

GRZEŚKOWIAK ready made dishes: potato pancakes and Polish pasta.
Spotted some ready to eat Polish dishes so I thought I'd give them a try as I've never dined at Polish restaurants before due to language barriers.
I got the Placki ziemniaczane (potato pancakes) and the Łazanki z kapustą i grzybami (Polish pasta with cabbage and mushrooms).
The Polish pasta was interesting as it was small square pieces like mini lasagne and it was so tasty because of the flavourful cabbage.
I felt that this dish wouldn't have worked with any other shape because the cabbage and mushrooms draped better on the flat squares.
The placki potato pancakes was delicious with some mayonnaise, dill and crispy onions, however they are traditionally eaten with sour cream/mushroom sauce.
#ssgpolish
Polish croquettes. (Krokiety)
I was bowled over by how delicious they were.
Various fillings available like sauerkraut mushrooms, meat etc.
The authentic ones should look like a roll inside because its meant to be a pancake rolled with filling coated in breadcrumbs and fried.
They reminded me of findus pancakes and Indonesian croquette things because of the golden breadcrumbs.


The meat one with pork and beef wasn't as tasty, in fact I found it rather boring.
There were some grounded bones which I found unpleasant.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...