Friday 9 October 2020

RUSTLERS Moroccan Vegetarian carrot & coriander falafel burger

Finally spotted the RUSTLERS Moroccan Vegetarian carrot & coriander falafel burger at Sainburys for  £2.

It is a deep-fried carrot, chickpea and coriander falafel patty, in a sesame seeded bun, with sachets of mango chutney and mint yogurt dressing. 

First impressions are the sauces, I couldn't quite associate mango chutney and mint yoghurt dressing being Moroccan. Mango Chutney is Indian and Mint yoghurt dressing is Turkish although some Indian restaurants do serve mint sauce.

The patty sounds right though because Moroccan cuisine uses a lot of coriander.

From some reviews the falafel patty lacked a crisp surface because it is microwaved but I am ok with a soft mushy patty because falafel can sometimes get too dry and hard when they are fried.

To get that crisp patty, I reckon you could achieve that by toasting it but I am going to follow the microwave method.

As expected, I did not like the mango chutney sauce and the mint yoghurt dressing but the mint yoghurt dressing goes well with the falafel patty because the creaminess of the dressing improves the texture of the patty.

Since I didn't have any mayonnaise, I used Nando's Peri Peri sauce which made it delicious so because of the sauce, the Vegetarian burger ended up tasting good.

I wouldn't mind buying this again and having it with mayonnaise for another experience.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...