Sunday 22 October 2023

Hochland Delicii calde Cascaval Pane (Romanian)

I love cheese so I was instantly drawn to these cheese croquettes (Cascaval Pane).
From the pictures, its obviously they are cheese croquettes.
Again, the beauty with Romanian food is that there are always pictures so you can roughly guess what it is.
Spotted these in the chilled section and strangely not in the frozen section.
HOCHLAND is not the only brand if you look online but this was the only brand stocked.
It was a bit pricy at 4.19 for two but again I haven't seen this at other shops and I don't have to fly to Romania so gave it a try.
I am so glad I tried this because they were how I expected them to taste, it was lovely soft cheese covered in this reasonably thick coating that is not too thick to steal the show from the cheese.
They reminded me of findus pancakes but filled with Cascaval cheese which is much tastier and nicer than boring Mozzarella.
They are bit like coated fried camembert but a little bit more substantial in portion and mouthfeel because the cheese slightly firmer like cheddar that has just melted and cooled down.
Overall, I am glad I tried.
#ssgcheese
#ssgromanian









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...