Monday 28 August 2023

New itsu Crystal' Noodles

When I spotted these new itsu Crystal noodles at Sainsburys I knew I would like them.
They are different to the ones served at ITSU because these are soupless which are right up my alley.
Available in two flavours: Sesame glaze and Soy glaze.
Fearing the Soy Glaze might be sweet I got the sesame glaze.
The noodles come in a lovely pot with a well designed bit to drain the water off.
Overall, the sesame glaze crystals were delicious as expected as the sauce was really tasty and complex with mirin wine and all that.
The sesame flavouring had a nice savoury kick and it was very different to the Sesame sauces in Asia which are too creamy, oily and sickly.
The only thing I didn't like was the black pepper which was too strong and had this burning sensation at the end.
Also tried the sweet soy glaze but it wasn't as nice as the sesame glaze.
The sweet soy glaze was sweet as expected and a little bit salty like marmite but they were visually pretty like glistening gold strands of crystal noodles.
#ssgitsu
@itsuofficial







sweet soy glaze 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...