Wednesday 15 March 2023

New Itsu miso caramel / Chocolate bao buns

I hate Asian steamed buns but when these Itsu dessert buns came out I had to give them a try because of the miso caramel.
There was also chocolate which I didn't have any expectations because chocolate is everywhere these days from dumplings, xiao long baos to buns.
Ruby chocolate would be a better filling in my opinion.
These dessert buns are well filled with thick filling that ooze out when melted.
The purple one is chocolate and the yellow one is miso caramel.
Overall, miso caramel was really nice as expected, similar to salted caramel but with more umami aftertaste.
I love itsu food because they make Asian food more palatable.
They are more of a modern take on but not authentic.
You can get authentic foods but they don't necessarily align to your palate.
The reason I hate Asian buns is because of the sickly sweet bun itself which is so difficult to swallow and the savoury fillings are sweet and nasty.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...