Monday 2 January 2023

Vietnamese goodies from the newly opened Hung Manh Vietnamese supermarket

I used to think Vietnamese food was pho, pancakes and stuff but if you go to authentic Vietnamese supermarkets there is loads to discover.
I got a good variety of Vifon products like noodles and congee and this really unique instant noodles which comes in a brown paper wrap.
On one of the visits,  I was really lucky to try their freshly home made Vietnamese sesame ball!!
To be honest, I am not a fan of sesame balls because I have been put off by the oily Chinese ones filled with nasty red beans but this was amazing!
The mung bean filling made a huge difference and it was not too sweet.
There was a good filling to pastry ratio.
The outer pastry was thick and satisfying which keeps it from soaking oil during the frying process.
If I knew how to make them, I did definitely fill them with modern ingredients like jam, pandan, chocolate etc but there is already place in UK that does that but I haven't had the chance to try.

Reviews for the food coming soon.
hung manh Vietnamese supermarket:
246 high street croydon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...