Sunday 25 December 2022

Asda smooth chicken & bacon pate

I love pate so this one definitely caught my eye because of the bacon as well as this brussels sprout pate which only had the price label on the shelf as there were none left.
I am one of these weird people who loves the top surface of the pate where it is brown and forms a skin and beneath that you have that lovely velvety pate.
The taste of this pate was creamy and somewhat like Shippams potted ham/chicken paste with some smokyness.
I would have liked some alcohol in it to balance the heaviness as it was a bit waxy and lardy which keeps you from spreading too much.
Adding something spicy might help but I think some Madeira wine would definitely up the game like regular pate.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...