Saturday 4 January 2020

[Review] KFC's The Original Recipe Vegan Burger in UK

Last summer, UK's KFC launched the IMPOSTER (vegan chicken burger) which was sold out within four days so it must have been good.
For Veganuary this year, KFC have launched The Original Recipe Vegan Burger which is a meat-free alternative to the classic chicken Fillet Burger, replacing the usual chicken breast fillet with a vegan Quorn™ fillet coated in the Colonel's iconic blend of 11 herbs and spices.

As soon as Veganuary began, I just couldn't wait to try it.

I went to the Hailsham branch where the Vegan burger wasn't on the main menu so I thought they didn't have it but they did.


After I ordered, I discovered the product shot on the window near the exit which isn't helpful as most people would have ordered by the time they look in that direction.
The burger came after waiting for a few minutes, it came in a green box with the words Zero chicken.
When I held the box, it felt so light as if there was nothing in there.


Taking a bite, the patty was rock hard and dry, but it was a no brainer to realize they have fried it for too long.
I would have requested another one but friends were with me so I didn't bother.
Luckily half of the patty was normal so I was able to try the good side of it which was so delicious complemented by the creamy mayonnaise which is also vegan.
I would describe the patty as the closest one that tastes like chicken patty but I wouldn't say say chicken filet because the texture is more like the chicken nuggets from McDs that is made of pink slime and not much of chicken.


To summarize, I will definitely have another one as it was so good because of the delicious iconic coating but at a different branch because this branch seemed like it was the first time they served it.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...