Friday 4 October 2013

Home-made black garlic

Black garlic is a type of fermented garlic used as a food ingredient. It is made by fermenting whole bulbs of garlic at high temperature, a process that results in black cloves. The taste is sweet and syrupy with hints of balsamic vinegar.
It is sourced by chefs as ingredients for high-end cuisines and in Korea and Asia, it is perceived as a health food that is high in antioxidants.

Since the process of making black garlic sounds sophisticated, I was really surprised when my friend gave me some home made black garlic!
I was stunned that it could be home made.

Anyway, I really liked her black garlic because her mum used Solo garlic (single clove garlic) which is extremely easy to peel and eat.
The taste was the same as the ones I had brought before too and it had some tones of sweetness in it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...