Sunday 7 April 2024

Bar Harbor Food - Clam Juice, Clam chowder and minced clams review

Came across Bar Harbor Clam products because they had a booth at IFE which really got my attention as I love clams. 
I was so lucky get my hands on their products to try especially the Clam juice and the Clam Chowder which you can't get more American than a can from America!!
The guy at the booth was really friendly and told me about different chowders.
You get different Clam Chowders in every region like Manhattan chowder which uses tomato, Rhode Island chowder which has red potatoes and there is also Key West Chowder.
I wish there was a chowder bar serving all these different options.
As with clam juice, it is often added to bloody Mary.
I started with the minced clams which were really tasty on their own and great on salads and pastas.
The clam brine was the star of the show, it had this lovely umami taste to it and your lips get a little sticky.
I had some with crackers which were amazing.
Next was the clam juice, I tried it straight from the bottle and it tasted like clams from the sea with some salty kick to it, however it did not have that umami like the brine from the can.
Adding it to tomato juice gave it more dimension.
Last but not least the clam chowder, it was creamy and wholesome with pieces of clam in the soup.
Overall, I really enjoyed the Bar Harbor range and definitely recommend it.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...