Thursday 18 October 2012

Haagen-Dazs World's First Shop Miniature

Total time used to complete the shop miniature: 1.5 hours
Diffuculty: Easy Peasy, I did not look at the instructions
Info: This model represents Haagen-Dazs first retail store in Brooklyn, New York, on November 15, 1976


When I saw this model I just had to get it from Haagen Dazs because I love playing with these sorts of things.

Anyway I was really lucky and got it and I just couldnt wait to build it.

The model was made of coated foam and the pieces were easy to punch out from the frame.


The smaller holes needed something sharp and small to punch out, hence I used the tip of a metal nail filer.

When I was putting the pieces of together, they fitted easily and all the pieces were pre-cut to the precise position and everything snapped into place.






The hardest part was the the table at the front of the shop, the umbrella at the top was the hardest to complete.

It looked so cute when it was finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...