Thursday 7 March 2013

Sachima

My friend got me these Sachimas from Foshan and they were surprisingly nice.

I have not had much of these before because they looked big and I thought the texture was hard, but surprisingly they are soft.

This particular one was not too sweet so I loved it, some have dessicated coconut on it too.

It is also chewy as well, so I really enjoyed eating it.

There is a distinctive smell with these Chinese pastries but I do not know which ingredient that is.
I find this smell in other Chinese pastries especially the fried ones.

Sachima, also called Shaqima is a common Chinese pastry found in many Chinese-speaking regions. Each regional cuisine has its own slightly different variation of this food, though the appearance of all versions is essentially the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...